Without proper training, industrial facility owners and managers risk higher production errors and lower productivity, resulting in significant loss of time and money. However, administering an adequate training program to the necessary personnel takes substantial resources, affecting the productivity rates of both employees and equipment.
At Fette Compacting, we understand this double-edged sword and have made it our mission to reduce the financial impact of training your team. The solution? Virtual reality.
By using virtual reality (VR) technology for training operations, employees can receive a thorough education without tying up the machine and blocking production. Additionally, they can complete the courses at a time that works for them and may be more driven to do it. We’ve made it exciting and enjoyable, complete with gaming elements for added challenge and incentive.
Operator Training Goes Virtual
When scheduling conventional training operations, you may encounter several issues, such as:
- Varied learning speeds. Not everyone learns at the same pace or in the same way. When the training program is complete, does everyone understand the material?
- Absent employees. Some employees may take sick or vacation leave during the planned training day(s). How will they catch up to the program?
- Halted production. When conducting training for a particular machine, normal production operations for said machine stop. While the machine is out of rotation, it affects the overall productivity of the facility.
Virtual reality provides a solution to all of these problems and more. By taking training to the virtual world, employees can:
- Practice as many times as needed. Virtual machines allow new and existing employees to practice a process as many times as they need to, even before a machine is available or installed in the physical facility.
- Make mistakes that serve as learning experiences. Virtual training allows everyone to make mistakes that could otherwise lead to a dangerous situation. Knowing it’s okay to make mistakes, everyone feels more confident practicing again and again until they get it right.
- Refresh their memories. Once an employee has completed their training, they can always go back to the program down the road if they need to refresh their knowledge.
Fette’s VR Training Solutions Wins Industry of Things World Award
It’s not enough to simply have virtual reality training: it needs to be effective and efficient. At Fette Compacting, we are proud to say our virtual reality training solution was the winner of the first Industry of Things World Award for Best Implementation of IIoT Technology on the Shopfloor. The jury noted the platform’s “…amazing user experience…” and highlighted its integrated features, such as scoring and the test and certificate at the completion of the course.
VR Training Solutions From Fette
Our machines find application in a wide range of pharmaceutical and nutraceutical operations. Due to the high hygiene and quality standards necessary in these operations, machine operators must receive comprehensive training to meet company and industry specifications adequately. By developing this virtual reality training program, we hope to make our customers’ experiences with our machines even better.
For more information about our product and service offerings, including our new virtual reality training program, contact us today.