Modernization is essential to keeping your operation running safely, efficiently, and profitably. Taking advantage of upgrades ensures that you don’t incur project impacts or product loss due to malfunction, wear, or unscheduled maintenance. In some cases, upgrades allow you to replace manual processes with automation to increase quality, consistency, and volume.
Upgrades are an ideal way to add features to your equipment that would otherwise only be possible by replacing them. Windows 10 computer upgrades, along with various modernization packages including dust-tight chutes and air reject systems, are some ways that you can update your tablet press from worn and aging to state-of-the-art.
Some primary benefits of upgrading your tablet press include:
- Higher productivity and reduced production costs. Specific adjustments will bring tablet presses up to the latest level of technology. The decisive advantage of upgrading older tablet presses is the definitive increase of efficiency at clear calculable costs.
- Improved user-experience. Central user management on both operating system and network levels.
- Increased product quality. Upgrading with dust-tight chutes or air reject systems allow for higher process security and can reduce waste.
- Optimized supply of spare parts. Keeping your machine up-to-date allows for quick and easy order processing of spares, as all obsolete components are replaced with the newest offerings.
- Prolonged service life. Maintaining the tablet press in good workable condition, as well as upgrading with new offerings ensures an extended overall service life. For example, upgrading to stainless steel Fill-O-Matics resists scratches, chips, and other daily wear damage. The casting and base plates have a superior finish for micro testing and quick cleaning.
- Easier cleaning. Upgrading your tablet press with certain components enables rapid changeover and quick cleaning, which increases output and lowers the risk of cross-contamination.
- Increased yields. If you seek to run a state-of-the-art machine that can achieve 99% yields, you need to consider an upgrade.
When To Upgrade
While there is no set timeline for when you should upgrade, there are some warning signs that indicate your equipment is losing functionality or missing out on modern conveniences. These warning signs include:
- Downtime. More frequent downtime is a key performance indicator that shows your tablet press is no longer working efficiently and is due for an upgrade.
- Noticeable wear/damage. As your tablet press ages and experiences signs of wear, replacement parts may no longer be available. An upgrade can modernize your equipment, bringing components and software up to the latest versions.
- Filling difficulty. As your tablet parts age, you may start to notice decreased production and increased waste. Upgrades increase filling accuracy, reliability, and efficiency.
When deciding whether to rebuild or upgrade, it is important to understand the difference between the two. Upgrading modernizes your tablet press and replaces obsolete tablet parts with updated parts for added functionality and longer service life. A factory rebuild restores your tablet press to original factory conditions.
What To Upgrade
There are many options for upgrades, depending on your issues or goals. Upgrade options include:
Die Table & Tooling
Introducing segmented technology speeds up changeover and setup times to optimize output. This innovative technology offers unmatched performance potential while also reducing the risk of cross contamination when changing products, as well as reducing product loss, thanks to the smooth surfaces and lack of rough edges.
Checkmaster and AutoTest systems are upgrades that validate that weight, diameter, thickness, and hardness conform to specifications immediately after compression. Both are available with optional feedback loops for additional process security.
Similarly, air reject upgrades enable automatic rejection of tablets that don’t conform to tolerances, increasing quality, accuracy, and yield.
Operator User Interface (HMI)
Older operator interfaces are not always intuitive. With HMI upgrades for Windows operating systems, the terminal is replaced with a more user-friendly design. The upgraded central user management interface performs automatic documentation of product and batch activities, resulting in streamlined operations.
Increase Efficiency With Fette Tablet Press Upgrades
Fette Compacting is a global company specializing in leading-edge tablet machinery, parts, tooling, services, training and upgrades for existing machines. With our tablet press upgrades, you can modernize your tablet press machine with the most up-to-date components and state-of-the-art features. For more information, or to get started on your upgrade solutions, contact us today.