Fette Compacting manufactures and sells tablet presses, which are used to make pressed pills. We don’t stop working with customers once the order is fulfilled, however. An original equipment manufacturer (OEM), Fette offers a full range of post-sale maintenance services as well. We strive to make sure that your tablet press consistently performs at peak efficiency.
No piece of equipment can tolerate constant operation without maintenance, and your tablet press is no exception. Even though modern presses are better than ever, they still require regular preventive maintenance to continue functioning optimally.
Preventive maintenance is used to mitigate the reactive maintenance necessary if your equipment breaks down unexpectedly. Paying close attention to the press and its operation, will help you avoid unplanned downtime. Some of the warning signs that indicate your press needs maintenance include:
- Poor yields
- Erratic compression forces
- Poor or inconsistent weight control
- Chatter in the compression stations
- Odd noises coming from the main drive compartment
- Finding traces of product in undesired locations
- Excessive vibrations
- Excessive wear on parts that don’t ordinarily wear quickly