The i Series represents – without question – the most successful family of presses offered in the last thirty years. They are available in single- and double-rotary designs with interchangeable turrets, and they are compatible with single- and double-layer tablets. The 3090i, released in 1991, was the first tablet press to ever showcase a commercially viable removable turret.
The i-Series is currently moving through a transformational phase, with models such as the F10i and F30i leveraging the successful designs of, but gradually replacing, incredibly popular models such as the 3090i and 3200i, as well as the 2090i and 2200i. Of great importance is the fact that there is a major degree of cross-generational compatibility between the two generations of the i Series. This greatly facilitates validation efforts for those companies owning both.
While each of the i-Series models, from both the legacy and new line-ups, have always represented the perfect marriage between tank-like strength and surgical precision, the newest models rest on four principal design attributes: they are Innovative, Integrative, Intuitive, and Intelligent. Each can make use of the new SmartInterface option, which allows for real-time monitoring and production insights from any mobile phone, tablet or laptop. SmartInterface allows users to easily access critical production data from anywhere, at any time.
The i Series currently includes the following models:
- The F10i (new). Digital-ready and dust-tight as standard, the new F10i is also available with the Containment Guard option, making it suitable for moderate dry-containment requirements (i.e. containment performance of 5µg/m³, or mid-range OEB 4). Ideally suited for small- to medium-sized batches, the press makes extensive use of RFID technology, Scales, and a highly intuitive user interface for process security and repeatability.
- The F30i (new). Boasting the same suite of novel technologies as the F10i, the F30i is more ideally suited to large-scale batches and adds powerful double-layer features to its arsenal. Capable of producing up to 1.6 million tablets per hour, the press and its features introduce the user to “Pharmaceutical Production 4.0”.
- The 2090i. Arguably the best-selling single-sided tablet press, ever. A flexible and versatile single-sided rotary press with easily interchangeable turrets and die table packages. The 2090i features a maximum output of 475,200 tablets per hour with easy changeover.
- The 2200i. Intended as a more economical alternative to the 2090i, its core features are nearly identical, with additional options offered on an “a la carte” principle.
- The 3090i. The press that revolutionized fast changeovers. Thousands validated and installed worldwide. Output of up to 1.6 million tablets per hour, excellent double-layer performance, and incredibly robust.
- The 3200i. Intended as a more economical alternative to the 3090i, its core features are nearly identical, with additional options offered on an “a la carte” principle.
The team at Fette Compacting can help you determine which specific i-Series tablet press best suits your facility’s needs.